IGNORED

What should I keep, what should I scrap?

HotrodPez

I'm just trying to get plenty of input on this subject before I start hacking away. Here's my situation: I have a 71 240z with heavy front end and frame rail damage. Otherwise the car is in great shape from the firewall back, no rust, fine interior, perfect windows. It has a 3 liter stroker motor that runs, but has a blown head gasket, so it leaks coolant, a 5 speed trans, and a LS200 diff. I also have a 76 280z that is in good shape, stock motor that will run on carbs, but the EFI dont work, with 4 speed trans and stock diff. It has rust in typical areas (rockers, lower wheel wells), and a cracked windshield, and a fairly gutted interior. I also have a 78 280z, that was free and is in unknown condition (haven't actually seen it, all I know is that it has no motor and has been sitting in a field for about a year). I also have a spare stock 240z motor, and some other misc parts.

So what should I do? Try to part out the 240 into the 76 280? Or just try to weld on a front clip to the 240 from one of the 280's? Or....?????

Depends on your skills. Anybody can strip a car, welding a clip to look right takes a very good welder, lots of time in alignment, some massaging,

A correctly fixed '71 should be more valuable than a '76...but it depends on final repair cost...the more work you can do, the tougher it is to choose.

Will