No Electrical Power - Page 2 - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

No Electrical Power

Featured Replies

no way Sblake made a mistake? jk man.

you got the ratings and thicknesses backwards. 1.25 is black .50 is green

no way Sblake made a mistake? jk man.

you got the ratings and thicknesses backwards. 1.25 is black .50 is green

It's just a typo.51cytd.jpg When I realized it, it was too late to edit.
  • Author

Well, got the mounting plate made for the fuse blocks and put it all together.

I posted photos in my gallery.

Thanks again to everyone for the support and guidance in addressing this electrical issue. I am very pleased with the results.

Best regards,

PSB

  • Author

All looks good, runs well, but volt gauge is just below 16 when accelerating. At idle, hangs around 13.

Alternator is new (maybe 10 hours on it), so do I need a voltage regulator?

Thoughts?

All looks good, runs well, but volt gauge is just below 16 when accelerating. At idle, hangs around 13.

Alternator is new (maybe 10 hours on it), so do I need a voltage regulator?

Thoughts?

That's pretty much what my 78 reads and has read ever since I've owned it. The factory gauges aren't too accurate, at least mine isn't. When tested with a hand held meter, it shows 14.1-14.7 which is normal.
S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.