IGNORED

Throttle body upgrade

i have reached the limits of the nissan L-jetronic EFI system on my green weapon. it just cant deliver enough fuel for the cam at the top end, ive done all the usual tricks but that flap airflo meter has to go! im going to run a fuel only haltech system with L28ET injectors. the throttle body on the standard injection is only 51mm or so in diameter and could be limiting in the future. does anyone know if RB30 or other throttle bodies bolt on to the L24E manifold? i got one from a CA20 but it was the same size.

Hi,

I just brought a 60mm throttle body of a KA24e,

these can be found on 2.4 liter Pintara T and Ti models,

or in my case a Ford Corsair 2.4 Ghia (89-92), they are re-badged Nissan Pintaras,

they have the same bolt pattern, but you would need something in between, to cover the bulge in the intake manifold.

see pictures

Nigel

post-12467-14150803458703_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150803459031_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
Hi,

I just brought a 60mm throttle body of a KA24e,

these can be found on 2.4 liter Pintara T and Ti models,

or in my case a Ford Corsair 2.4 Ghia (89-92), they are re-badged Nissan Pintaras,

they have the same bolt pattern, but you would need something in between, to cover the bulge in the intake manifold.

see pictures

Nigel

You could fill that hole up with epoxy steel (jb weld etc) I used it on a hole in my manifold on the K and it lasted a year getting hot and cold with no problems, mine was used as a daily driver as well.

You could fill that hole up with epoxy steel (jb weld etc) I used it on a hole in my manifold on the K and it lasted a year getting hot and cold with no problems, mine was used as a daily driver as well.

After doing some research on http://forums.hybridz.org/ it appears that a 1 inch spacer is used with this mod, to allow the use of the original linkages, and the spacer also covers the "egg" shape hole in the intake manifold.

After I get my Megasquirt running, I'll look at fitting my 60mm KA24e throttle body.

Nigel

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...