IGNORED

260/280Z factory rear sway bar bracket - pic?

EricB

Hi all,

Like many other late 73 240 owners I too have the downward facing "C" shaped rear swaybar bracket welded to the chassis but no swaybar.

I'd like to see a pic of a 260 or 280Z with the factory bar because I am after the plate that bolts into that bracket and holds both the bushing and sway bar in place.

I called Courtesy and while they can find the right exploded diagram for that part of the car on the 260 and 280, and can produce a part number for the rubber bushing, they cannot find any indication for the plate.

Before I make my own, I wanted to see what the factory one looks like. Could a 260/280 owner please post a pic of what their stock setup looks like?

I'd rather use the factory welded bracket to mount my own rear bar, rather than cutting it off, and then drilling through the floor, to mount the MSA rear bar bracket...

Thanks,

-e

You may find it difficult to find the correct sway bar . It came only on the early 260 and it is curved to allow room for the Diff. The rest of them are straight and will not work. I can take a picture of the mount if you like. send me a PM with your email address. Gary