IGNORED

I Need help with fuel injectors for '77 Nissan 280z

nissan280z

I have a question about my '77 Nissan 280z that I'm trying to fix. Why isn't there any power going to the fuel injectors? It starts for like one second, but then it just shuts off. Could it be a relay? If it is, would anybody know where it's located at? and what kind of relay it is?

If anybody knows what to do, please give me some advice I would appreciate it. Thanks!

I would need to know more information about the car. Shutting of doesn't necessarily mean that power isn't getting to the fuel injectors. Did it just start doing that? Did you recenty buy the car? What you should probably do is read through the Section EF (Engine Fuel) in the 77 factory service manual. If you don't have one, it's available here. If it says TnA, try the site later.

You mean DATSUN 280Z :D 1984 is when they went with just Nissan only when they started with the 300ZX's but thats another topic LOL

So your certain there is no 12 volt power to the injectors? Not to discourage you and I've told others this before too, but this is one of those issues again where if you don't own a FSM (Factory Service Manual) for your yr. Z then you may be in for a long frustrating road ahead. Not to mention throwing money at parts that may or may not be the cause but anyway If it were me, I'd start at the wiring going to each injector and trace them to see if the problem is in the wiring. If that all looks OK then I'd get my FSM out and start performing all the test procedures at the E.C.U. harness listed in the factory manual to figure out the cause. Thats where I would start anyway :)

Good luck with it and let us know what you find out.

The EFI bible that John mentions is a good reference to have for anyone with a 280Z but it's oriented to the 75. Parts of the tests outlined there aren't applicable to the later models because of changes in the EFI system. The 77 FSM has a troubleshooting section in section EF that is specific for that year.

do u know a web site were i can get a Factory Service Manual for my 77 datsun 280z

Stephen (Sblake01) put a link to it in the first post. Click on the blue "here".

i cant find the EFI relay how does it look i look under the dash....pls help!

It's mounted on the left side on the kick panel right under the dash on the drivers side with two large connectors. Here's a picture of it.

img1128po5.jpg

img1128po5.e5a4f9a532.jpg