Cranks with fuel, but no spark - Page 2 - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Cranks with fuel, but no spark

Featured Replies

As you might know a most points systems start on 12V and when IGN is switched to "run" they use 6V. Sometimes the black wires to the ballast are reversed which gives 6V for start and 12V for run. Running on 12V will burn points and quickly bake/kill a "normal" points coil.

When I put my car back together I had said wires reversed and couldn't figure out why I was killing points/coils. A quick search on the board explained this simple mistake.

2c

Jim

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.