240z Stock Downpipe? - Exhaust - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

240z Stock Downpipe?

Featured Replies

05833880.gif

Do they remake the stock downpipe by any chance? The one I have is done with. I was bidding on a brand new, never been used one on Ebay, and lost. Pissed off!!!! Any ideas????? Even a decent used one would do.

I bought a new one last fall from my Nissan dealer.

-Mike

If you are not trying to build a "totally" correct Z one option is to take it to a custom exhaust shop. I have seen them take some flange stock and make a new flange and then custom build and weld up the 2 into 1 pipes. I do know that Nissan no longer has any in stock and Nissan Japan has stop making them as well so the only other options for a genuine pipe are eBay, used or if you were really lucky in finding one at some obscure dealer somewhere like Mike B found.

Good luck on the search.

  • Author

Thanks for the help.

No Im not going for "Totally Correct" but it"s just easier since I"m sticking with the stock manifold to just replace the rusty down pipe. The current one on the car looks like a flute with all the holes in it.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I got one from a late model sitting around....I can take a picture and send it to you. I am in San Diego as my avatar states.

  • Author

Montezuma,

That would be great! PM sent

Jim Cook Racing used to sell a down pipe that bolted to your stock manifold that ended in a single 2.5" pipe that you could have your muffler shop connect to your own exhaust system. You might want to check it out.

  • Author

Thanks!. I am checking with them to see availability.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.