Clutch problem - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Clutch problem

Featured Replies

This morning when I went out to my car to go to work, it started fine, and everything was working well. I got onto the freeway and made my way 25 miles to where i work. When I was getting ready to get off of the freeway, i down-shifted to 3rd gear. I noticed that the stick was very notchy. Down shifted again, and realized that the clutch was disengaging really low. Is this a simple adjustment? Or is my clutch beginning to fail?

Thanks

Jordan

Have you checked your clutch fluid?

The sudden change sounds like a hydraulic problem to me, as well. Check for fluid leaks, or a failing clutch cylinder - either master or slave.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.