IGNORED

Datsun 240K Coupe on ebay

Noddle

Former owner (Andrew) was on the conservative side when describing how bad / rusty the panels were.

The shell is actually surprisingly good apart from the roof.

The hood he described as rusted underneath actually is a perfectly straight replacement panel, still black Nissan primer all over and the rust is only about 50cm patch on each front corner of the frame.

Matt is right, the front fenders are easily repairable too (as are the doors).

And I nearly didn't bid!

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies Craig, I wasn't ignoring you, just a bit busy lately and hadn't looked at the forum.

Really not sure but let's just say a good source of spares (that's what I told the missus anyway).

It's actually too good to dismantle and scrap so it will likely stay under cover in case we really crunch the GT.

In fact the front panels are so good (as in straight) that a small amount of rust repairs on fenders and under the hood will provide nice masters for molds.

Just went and looked at it again - the boot / trunk lid is equally salvageable, doors could be saved with relatively small steel patches in the bottom corners.