additional Calnifornia blue licence plate - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

additional Calnifornia blue licence plate

Featured Replies

I have one original blue plate registered with my 71 240z, how can I get another exactly the same one for the front? I checked some licence plate maker, and they all say it is not legal to use it as a real licence plate, any idea?

I would think that if you had one made and it looked close enough to the original, no one would even notice. Especially if your car is already registered with that plate number.

  • Author

But who make one that is close enough to look "real"? does anyone know?

Well there's this place but the problem is that for some reason, probably legality, the won't ship into California. And, at $75, they are a little pricey for my tastes. My nephew has a 69 Chevelle and basically had the same situation you're describing. He had it shipped to our cousin in Arizona who in turn mailed it to him. He's had that plate on the front of his car for a couple of years now with no problems. Here's the link: http://www.licenseplates.tv/prod/1969_california_stat_1569.html

  • Author

was the qulity same as or close to the one from DMV?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

From what I can tell it is. He mentioned something about the font being slightly different but I couldn't tell unless they were side by side except the replica looks newer than the original one.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.