IGNORED

Help ASAP on dizzy

red_dog007

I thought that it would fire, but no go. So I need to check with you guys to make sure that everything is correct.

The wires to the old to the points dizzy I disconnect from the coil. All three wires (black, red, purple). Then the new Electric dizzy I put B to + and C to - on the coil.

Then, when I dropped the new dizzy in, I had the #1 cylinder up top and lined up to the front of the engine thingy where the crank is I believe it is. Then, on the dizzy, I had the circular hole pointing towards cylinder #1 fireing order. The T was pointing towards the front of the vehicle but would not fit as I thought that the T was the marker, so then I turned it a 180 degress to have the circular hole facing towards the front of the vehicle and it dropped right in so I am guess that was the correct marker?

So is all of this an A+? It shouldn't be as it is not firing. I have a good battery, new Flamethrower coil 45,000 volt, vaccum tube is hooked on and I still have the ballast resistor hooked up.

Could I just be a few degrees off to the left or right causing the problem?

Would the T point to the front, or the Circle on the other side? Might need to take a picture of this. There should only be one marker, but I see a "T" shape and then 180 degrees on the other side there is a circle so to me, either one could be the marker.

Don't mean to be rudd but what is "Try wiring the cap 180 out"?

the metal part of the rotor should be pointing to the front. by wiring the dizzy 180 out i mean revers the way that the wires are plugged in. for example, put the wire for cylinder 1 on the other side of the cap (the back) and do that all the way around. i'm at work but i'll try to get you a picture