Wiring for Distributor - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Wiring for Distributor

Featured Replies

Ok so, to make sure that I have got this all straight, what do I do with wires when upgrading to a ZX dizzy with the E12-80 module on my 240z?

I have a print out that is telling me to

Ignition Box pin "B" to Postitive (+)

Ignition Box pin "C" to Negative (-)

Then remove and connect the B/W and G/W wires from the ballast resistor.

Is this the right stuff? Any more or any less to do? Over at the Z garage it doesnt even say anything about messing with the ballast resistor so I am not all sure what and what not to do.

That pretty much covers it. The resistor by-pass is technically optional, but doing that will allow hotter spark. I hooked the single wire that went to the points dizzy to the "C" terminal, and ran a new wire from the (+) terminal of the coil to the "B" terminal on the module. Or you could run a new wire from the (-) terminal of the coil to the "C" terminal, whichever way works best for you.

  • Author

Ok cool, thanks.

Does the hotter spark make much of a difference in terms of say cooling? I am still stuck on the old 2-Row which will be another month or so till I upgrade to a 4-Row.

Also, the Dizzy came with two sets of wires. One for the module (B and C), but then the other wire was for a pin slot on the dizzy itself on the other side of the dizzy compared to the module. Not sure what it is, but do I need to worry about that or no?

Thanks for your help. Need to get some kind of gasket sealant tomorrow and that sucker should be finished.

  • Author

Sorry, I just doubled checked and the other pin connector on the dizzy isn't on the opposite side of the module, but it is about at a 90 degree angle from the module. The pin is right beside the vaccum canister thing. (What the vaccum hose goes into)

  • 2 weeks later...
S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.