IGNORED

351 CLeveland in 1971 240Z

Zman71

Hey guys,

A co-worker of mine was telling me about how hes rebuilding a show truck and how he had a 351 Cleveland that came originally in the truck, and he said he wants to get rid of it. I heard that small block ford motors fit awesome in the engine bays of Z's, but would a 351 Cleveland? And has anyone done it to their car, so I can get some tips?

Thanks guys

I thought that the 351 Cleveland was a "big" block, or at least was bigger than the 289/302/351 "Windsor" motor. I remember that the engine had a cult following when I was a kid, particularly after Ford discontinued selling it in the U.S. and moved the production line to Australia.

But as Exdamyankee said, the real experts on V8 conversions are over at hybridz.org

I don't have an account over there, from what I've noticed a lot people on this forum have a lot of knowledge on just about everything.

It'll take you 2 minutes to set up a user account there. Classiczcars has a TON of talent, as does zcar.com. BUT, the undisputed masters of all things V8-related reside over at hybridz. If you can jam it under the hood of a Z, it's been done by somebody over there.

Not tryin' to get rid of ya, just tryin' to guide ya!