Really dumb wiring help. Battery/Starter - Page 2 - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Really dumb wiring help. Battery/Starter

Featured Replies

I am a decent mechanic actually, but I am terrible about remembering where things go, especially wires.

I took this to mean that since he has trouble with 2 wires, 6 would throw him fits. :)

  • Author
I took this to mean that since he has trouble with 2 wires, 6 would throw him fits. :)

HAH nicely done.

I labeled all the wires and just left them attached to the distributer cap for this very reason.

I have not checked the float level. I had new Z Therapy carbs on the last motor that I had tuned well. I just pulled the whole intake manifold and didn't fuss with anything at all, so I am assuming that nothing has changed there. How wrong can I be about that?

Signs are pointing to timing. Going to have a look at that today hopefully.

Thanks guys!

Did you mess with the distributor/oil pump at all during the swap?

  • Author

I did not change the oil pump, but I did swap the distributors. It could be 180 degrees out.

Going to have more time to work on the car soon. Thanks for all the help guys!

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.