IGNORED

S30-00051

c20500

Just found this forum and wanted to give you some info on a Zcar I had for 15 years. I bought it in 1980 and sold it in about 1995. It was Dark Green with Butterscotch and the production date stamp was 10/69. It did have a hand throttle next to the choke and dealer installed A/C. This was in the SF Bay Area and I was the 3rd owner. 4sp. When i ended up with it, it was probably in a front ender at one point, repainted dark metallic green, interior was changed or dyed black and the high compression head was swapped out for the lower one. I'm trying to think of any other peculiarities but that's all I can think of for now. It was sold to a gentleman in Los Angeles with the same 1st name as mine, Charles and the plates read, ZCHAZ. I bought it for 3,500 in 1980 and sold it for $1700 (not running) I still have the dash SN# plate reading hls30-00051 somewhere as the dash was replaced once.

Best regards,

Charles

Los Angeles

That's hilarious ! I just think of all the exhaust fumes I breathed through the rear deck lid vents, the 3 waterpumps, 2 fuel pumps, 2 starters, 3 alternators I replace...u joints, I even rebuilt the transmission myself!..etc etc etc. Well if someone wants more info on it when I had it or if they want the original dash sn# plate... here I am.

There are several people on this site with 1969 production cars. I have two - #237 and #331. #331 sounds like your old car, minus the front ender you mentioned. It was originally green with tan and has been a couple of diff colors over the years. Most recently black, and the tan interior was painted black as well, but it least that flakes off fairly easily. Oddly enough I recently picked up a part I bought on ebay and after talking to the guy it turns out he used to own #331 and sold it to the guy I bought it from.

-Mike

Aaaah, so 'Charles' is a different person than "Charlie"...

See the other link, #305 is in my back yard, and I was told it was a companion to #51 to do a proper restoration. Or it was another early car with a 2XX serial number... they are both back there near the pepper trees in my back yard. #51 resides with Charlie up in Pasadena I believe. His inventory is 'dual warehoused' much to my wife's chagrin!

#305 is in my back yard, and I was told it was a companion to #51 to do a proper restoration. Or it was another early car with a 2XX serial number... they are both back there near the pepper trees in my back yard. #51 resides with Charlie up in Pasadena I believe. His inventory is 'dual warehoused' much to my wife's chagrin!

The seller had two separate ebay ads for #51 and #305 at the same time this summer and both said they came with an additional 1970 as a parts car, so I don't believe he was selling them both together. It looks like he was asking $10,000 for each low vin car plus a 1970 parts car.

Here was the ad for #51

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160128853712&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:middle:us

Here was the ad for #305

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160128854277&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:middle:us

#305 looked pretty rough from the couple of pictures shown and there were none in the ad for #51. Since #305 is in your backyard, how does it look to you?

-Mike

They way it's described, looks like #51 is in the condition I sold it in the mid 90's. I was in a front ender of some sorts before I bought it and then I hit the back end of a Nova and messed up the hood and front quarter. the body panels were aftermarket pieces that didn't line up well. I was also hit in the back with some minor damage. It had somewhat of a rough life. The head (e31?) was replaced with a lower compression one before I got it and the came was retarded a view teeth making it very lazy..(fixed that one). Tranny rebuilt, Dash replaced with a 71 or 72. smog was missing. airbox trumpet was hacked off. I didn't notice much rust and the floors seemed ok to me. The engine would not start.. probably had too low compression. I think it would take a lot of TLC to get the body nice and straight. Be a good project if your in the body shop biz.

Charles (previous owner that sold it to Charlie) The plates probably still "ZCHAZ"