IGNORED

So, here is what I've been up to

akwikz

Allright guys, it's been a while since I've posted. I have barely had time to blink. Anyhow, as some of you may know I was the one that bought Ray's car. You all know how it was equipped at that time. Well, since I got it here just a few months ago, I've managed to make some upgrades. Here are some pics of the new drivetrain.

IMG_4780.JPG

IMG_4659.JPG

And here is a walk around video of it

I got it all together in time for the largest Classic Japanese Car Show on the West Coast. We towed it all the way there and back. In the two weeks since, I have managed to get it sorted a bit more. It idles smoothly, revs easily, and is down right scary. The suspension and brakes are not up to the task and will need an overhaul very soon. Today was the first time I really had the chance to see what it can do. The car has such thrust that both rear tires are rubbing the body. I will be sorting it out further, but I think I will be leaving the stock electronics in it. If anyone here is interested, I have an older, I believe a version 4, Wolf 3D plug and play system for an RB26dett that I most likely won't use.

In my disassembly of the car I found quite a few things that need to be adressed. My dash has obviously been switched as it is a late model version. As is my center console. It's not too big a deal but some of the bits are pretty well cracked or broken. If anyone has a spare dash face I would like to know. I also would be interested in what mods are normal for the rear suspension. As I stated my car squats hard. Please give me your opinions or suggestions.

Brian

Hi Noddle, Brian,

As Brian says elsewhere, this car started its life as a genuine JDM version C110 Skyline 2000 GT-X. That badge is something the previous owner Ray Ferguson had souvineered from one of his mid '60's Prince Skyline GT's (S54-B)They were originally placed on the glovebox lid in the Prince. Sharp eyes there Noddle!:)

Hi Brian,

That would be one scarey ride now. When I played around with turbos in a 240K years ago, the only way I could stop the rear from tuckin-in too much even after hearver springs was to use air schock absorbers. It will stop it, but raise the rear end. I ended up dropping the front by 2 inches as well, but under acceleration it still twisted and lifted the front quite a lot.

People used to laugh at me with the stance of the car when parked at lights, but after taking off and them seeing what the car could do, they kept their comments to themselves.

I will be interrested in how you deal with your susspension issues.

The RB20 was pulled out shortly after the car arrived and was sold to a friend of mine. Believe it or not it was the same guy that bought my Hakosuka. He planned to drop it in as an interim motor while he builds an RB25. I never had planned to keep it as the RB26 had been waiting since before I got the car. I am slowly pushing the car more and more and today opened it up some. Here are a few videos of the car. They are rather bland, as only one of them has me getting on the throttle much. You can hear the tires squealing in one of them.

Brian

That is one sweet ride brian, I really like the RB26 and the polished radiator. Is it a standard RB26 or have you done some work to the internals?

I can't offer any advice for the suspension issues, as you probably know I had a rear cradle from 300zx welded in mine. I'm hoping that I don't have any issues when it's done on the road.

With the dash face your after is that the flat piece that is fake wood or brushed aluminium? I'm replacing mine with a real piece of wood possibly silky oak or western red cedar so would have a spare one you could have for free. Let me know if this is the piece.

cheers Andrew