IGNORED

Nearly ready to terrorise the local neighbourhood

240kconvertible

Big thanks to Kent (helper of many K owners) for getting the shots for me. SWR had sent me a heap of PDF files and I couldn't shrink them to fit on here.

As stated in the title my vert is nearing the end of it's modifications and is so close to burning rubber on the tarmac I can smell it. I'm fairly certain it's the most modified K in the world, just waiting for Alfa's approval. As you can see the R230 diff and cradle are in as well as the R31 front end. The front has DR30 struts with 5 stud Z31 hubs waiting for GTR brakes or GTST. When it comes back to me this weekend I'll post some shots of the V8 and gearbox in place. Most of the V8 is sitting right back behind the front axel line with only 1 bank of cylinders in front of it. I assume it should handle quite well although I will have to get a custom set a rims (more $$$$) made up to address the difference in track front to rear.

Apparently I can remove spark plugs without taking the whole engine out but I'm waiting to see what happens when the extractors get fitted to make that call. I expect it to have about 400hp (1hp per cube) and even more torque when the V8 has been stroked out to 390 cubic inches. I guess I'll have to get custom 640k GT badges made up soon LOL:stupid::cheeky:

Anyway just thought you'd all like to see how far it's come along.

Cheers Andrew

post-9623-14150801523156_thumb.jpg

post-9623-14150801523379_thumb.jpg

post-9623-1415080152359_thumb.jpg

post-9623-14150801523817_thumb.jpg

post-9623-14150801524024_thumb.jpg

You sick puppy :lick:

That's some hardcore engineering you've done there.

Apparently my old v8 project has been onsold to a drag racer who is going to shoehorn an LS1 into it. You might have the most modified one out there, but will probably have some serious competition for most powerful.

not that it matters - at those power levels it becomes an exercise in how much smoke you can create :stupid:

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah the engineering bit got out of hand a while ago....just can't help but dream up things to do to it. Your friend will most likely have the most power if he goes all the way on the LS1, I need to keep it docile at the traffic lights so will only be fitting a mild cam.

It's finally back in my garage so I have a few more shots for you. I'm still waiting for Alfa's approval on the most modded although I'm fairly certain I hold that title.

I hope you all can appreciate what I've done to her.

I posted a few on that previous reply but they're not showing again. My computer is so $^!#. you'd think with 2 X1950 radeon cards, 4 gig ram, dual core it would be able to submit pictures. I'll try again now.

There is one shot from the rear looking at the driver side tyre. It has come out funny as the tyre looks really small for a 17 but isn't actually that small.

Photos seemed to have worked this time, I usually shrink them just enough to fit so I may time out while uploading them. If I shrink them down to 640 x 480 I have no problems posting them. Makes me want to kick my computer.

post-9623-14150801589277_thumb.jpg

post-9623-1415080158957_thumb.jpg

post-9623-14150801589862_thumb.jpg

post-9623-14150801590081_thumb.jpg

post-9623-14150801590298_thumb.jpg

post-9623-14150801590526_thumb.jpg

post-9623-14150801590743_thumb.jpg

post-9623-14150801590975_thumb.jpg

There have been a few issues getting it "approved" this still hasn't been finalised but the engineer in QLD seems to think it will all be fine as long as I don't go over 330 cubic inches. No one will know it has a stroker crank in it though. Except everyone on this site of course.:stupid:LOL

The suspension was the hardest bit to get through as your not allowed to increase the track too much. The loophole around this is to fit the whole set up from the cars your using. Thus mine is now considered front end R31 rear end 300zx on a K body. With this in mind I am still able to increase the track a small amount on these new suspension set ups. This cost a lot to do though and I would advise everyone to just go out and buy a R34 instead unless you are crazy or in love with your K. My girlfriend counts her as number 2 in my life as I spend a lot more time and money on the K so I guess this puts me in the in love catergory. Although there is a little bit of crazy aswell.

After Castlemaine rod shop built the car with the spitfire motor in it I'm pretty sure with the right engineer you can get anything registered.

• 1 month later...

I'm a bit confused. Your profile says you're in brisbaine, but this is the car that Arthur Jackson is building isn't it?

I had a good look over the car a month or so ago, and the engineering on that car is something to behold. Quite amazing.