High Intensity Discharge Headlights. (How do I wire them?) - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

High Intensity Discharge Headlights. (How do I wire them?)

Featured Replies

I just got a set of H.I.D. headlights. I'm not talking the blue halogen H.I.D. simulated bulb, I'm talking the actual high intensity discharge headlight with the control module for each light. I've never messed with these before and am not exactly sure how to wiring them into the car. My main concern is safety. I know the headlight harness needs a relay. That's the easy part. But as far as what else goes where... I'm a bit lost. Does any one have any suggestions? If you've done this before, I could really use your help.

  • Author

Thanks! I figured the wiring out. I put in a relay and in-line fuse. Everything seems to work very well. the cases I bought have not arrived yet but I've made sure they would work with y h.i.d.'s. Hopefully I'll get them in just in time to put the car away for the season.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Well, i would except I have to wait for the housings to come in :( But it's gonna be AWESOME!!!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.