Are My Wheels Safe??!! - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Are My Wheels Safe??!!

Featured Replies

Hi Guys.when Installing My New Hoshino Impul Wheels On My 73 240z I've Noticed My Wheel Studs Don't Stick Out As Far And Therefore I Don't Have That Many Revolutions On My Nuts When Tightening Them.does Any One Know How Many Turns I Should Be Getting So There Are Safe? And If I Do Need Longer Studs Where They Are Available.thanks.

dont know about turns but you might need extended ones...try ARP..they are strong for sure.

You should have at least 1-1.5 stud diameters of useable threads. So, since your studs are M12x1.25, you should have 10-12 threads engaged in the nuts ((12*1)/1.25=9.6 and (12x1.5)/1.25=12). Some lugnuts have a pilot with no threads for the first 3-4mm, so be sure you have 10-12 real threads. 10 is MINIMUM, 12 is recommended.

  • Author

that's brilliant.i'll check this week on how much thread there is.thanks guys.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.