Road & Track Jan 1970 240Z - History - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Road & Track Jan 1970 240Z

Featured Replies

Some more 240Z reading, this time from the USA.

post-2433-14150801225076_thumb.jpg

post-2433-14150801225598_thumb.jpg

post-2433-14150801226015_thumb.jpg

post-2433-14150801226465_thumb.jpg

post-2433-14150801226873_thumb.jpg

post-2433-14150801227293_thumb.jpg

Interesting to note that the early 240s also had that elevated suspension. I have heard it refered to as a 280 thing - guess not. Looks like she spotted a mouse.

Great post.

Yep - I remember reading that article - the first full road test was in the April 1970 issue of R&T. I was in my last year of high school (12th grade) and when I read those articles I said to myself: I should get a 240Z some day ...

Bought my car new in September 1972.

  • 2 weeks later...

I was just reading the classifieds in that R&T issue, you could have bought four Mercedes 300SL Gullwings in great shape for under $25,000 total. If only I had a time machine. Of course coming up with even $250 would have been a stretch when I was nine years-old. ROFL

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.