1977 electrical Help? - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

1977 electrical Help?

Featured Replies

the tail lights on my 77 magically started burning in the middle of the night (ignition off - keys in my pocket) a while back and now I have no fuel gauge or dash lights. Is there a module or something that is bad or is this just a major wiring short in 30 year old harness? Thanks!

Any body wanna buy a piece of junk z in the Columbus Ohio area with a stong engine and 5 speed?

I'm no mechanic but, it possibly could be in the combo switch on the steering colume, you know like where the wipers and lights turn on??? Maybe.

Good lucki, Chris

Check your brake switch.

  • 2 weeks later...

I have a 76 280z and I had to fix my tail lights too. They didn't burn but I found evidence of a short inside the switch. I just soldered a wire across the necessary terminals and it works fine. In your case a new switch might be necessary, I think they're about 20 dollars.

Which switch are you referring to? Not the combo switch. If so, you need to let us in on where you're finding them for $20 other than in the junkyard.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.