Jump to content


Wiring loom fixing tab rubber replacement


Recommended Posts

For those of you who have had their cars dipped or sandblasted, what product did you use to insulate the wiring harness fixing tabs in the engine bay.

I could use some heatshrink on them but I'd rather try to find something as close to stock as possible. Can you buy a liquid form of rubber that sets once exposed to air? It would be difficult to do but it could be done with a lot of prior testing.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Over here we have Liquid Electrical Tape ( http://www.starbrite.com/prodcatalog.cfm?ProductCat=Home%20Care&ProductSCat=Liquid%20Electric%20Tape%20(Home) ) and another product called PlastiDip (www.http://www.plastidip.com/consumer/index.html ) and both are available in black, white, clear, and several colors.

PlastiDip is available in spray cans, and is the easiest to apply-just like paint, tape off the area and apply several thin coats...


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cheers Will,

Looks like Plasti Dip is for me then. You US boys sure do have niche market products. I'll have to have scan about the local hardware stores here to see if we have a similar product. No doubt there is a Chinese equivalent (but will it last?)


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.