IGNORED

Differential and engine rebuild in Sacramento

Miles

I am on my second JY R180 differential. Are there any shops in the Sacramento area that can rebuild a R180?

Also, are there any shops in Sacramento that can rebuild a L24 engine? I can take the engine to Rebello, but would prefer to find an engine builder in Sacramento if possible.

Thanks

Miles

I have two questions . Since you have had failure of two 180s , why don't you go with the stronger R-200? If you are going to rebuild a engine , and apparently you are looking for more HP. Going to Rebello. Why are you doing this with a L-24 and not a ZX 280? The later engine has a longer stroke and bigger bore, stock. This is a better platform for higher performance. If you are modifying your L-24 but wanting to keep the matching numbers. Doing a modification cancels the value of the matching engine. If this was your intent. Store the L-24 as is , and find a ZX engine, they are plentiful still, and do the build with it. Gary

Gary

I have done the R200 swap before in a V8 240Z, but my recent research indicates that because the R200 is offset to the driver's side it causes the driver's side half shaft to bottom out which can lead to handling problems. I have read so many pro & con discussions on this issue that there may be some truth to it. With my V8 Z I did experience wheel hop while stomping on the gas through a corner. I never did find out the true cause of the wheel hop before selling the car though.

Is this myth or true about the R200 causing the driver's side half shaft to bottom out? This is my only reservation about installing another R200.

The L24 is fine for a daily work car.

Miles