L28 piston height - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

L28 piston height

Featured Replies

I've posted this question before but had to many other things going on to check anything.Some of the responses were that the height of the piston was a positive deck of .016" to .020".I haven't put a micrometer on it to get an accurate measurement but I used a feeler gauge(definitely not the greatest idea)and came up with a height of about .013".I put stock head gasket(new)on today to find out that valves are hitting pistons.Engine specs are stock crank,stock rods,87mm flat top pistons,stock head,.005" shave off deck height

Without going into what head, how much has it been shaved all together etc.. try using two head gaskets. I had a +.010".

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.