Gusset measurements - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Gusset measurements

Featured Replies

Can someone taek a snap and attach it to this thread of a closer image of the attached photo please. Both sides of the car thanks. Can you also measure at list out the individual dims as well. A lot I know but we can't find any measurements anywhere for this and my car needs two new units.

The LHS was original and was cut out by me ages ago and lost. Gone

The RHS has been removed and a patch places over it.

Thanks again.

post-1608-14150800889802_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Don't you just have to love the internet for stuff like this.

I visited the panelshop this afternoon, saw that he had replaced the entire section under the battery but the gusset hadn't been fabricated, he said get me an image with measurements and I'll sort it tomorrow.

So I posted this thread 25 minutes before leaving work and it got comprehensively answered only 61 minutes later. AMAZING.:)

Thank you Will. A dozen cyberspace beers are travelling the internet highway to you now. Legend!

As a side note Will. How are you going to protect that (what looks like) sound deadening mat that you have put against the drivers foot well? Surely it will get knocked about pretty quick when you start driving it.

post-1608-14150800892251_thumb.jpg

I'm going to coat it with good old rubberized vegamite-as soon as the outdated shipment gets hereROFL!

Actually it will get sealed with a serious slathering of tie coat primer and Por15 lowgloss. I triedthis combo on a cupon, and it looks to be all but serious impact proof so it should hold up well in that location.

Will

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.