Lost a rocker arm... - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Lost a rocker arm...

Featured Replies

I've been working hard to get the z tuned and running well but couldnt seem to get any power out of it. compression test showed #3 cyl @ 0#. Sure enough, rocker fell off its perch and rocker guide(lash pad) is MIA. the valve spring/retainer is almost a centimeter lower than the rest of them which leades me to believe that I have a bent valve. I hammered on the valve and it wouldnt return to the fully 'up' position. Any recommendations on how I should go about fixing this? I would be willing to use someones used valve/retainer/lash pad/rocker arm if someone had an extra they would sell me. It just has to be in OK condition. I am finding it hard to find replacement parts around here. thanks.

I just disassembled a N47 head and have all the rockers, springs, etc. I'm over in Portsmouth about 28 miles away. You're welcome to come over and grab what you need. I'll be around most of the weekend. E-mail at mark4460@cox.net if you're interested.

  • Author

Thanks Mark! Let me know if I can ever return the favor!

  • Author

Just got the head off. Turns out #3 intake valve seat fell out and valve wasnt seating, causing the rocker arm to fall off its...rocker. I hope the dealership carries these... Is this something I can do myself? I own a freezer... and I can use the old valve to drive the seat in. Any advice is appreciated.

I think Aerodyne machine shop at the Hampton Roads Airport would be a good choice for the valve seat work.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.