Smoke from steering column? ahhhh! - Page 2 - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Smoke from steering column? ahhhh!

Featured Replies

This very same thing happened to me on my way home from my first show. Scared the hell out of me, as there was no place to pull off the road and I thought I'm gonna be driving a fireball down the road to god knows where.

Got it back to my shop, took the covers off and found nothing but a bit of dust to blow out.

I actually waited around longer just to be sure I wasn't gonna come back on Monday morning to find the whole building burned down, thats how scary it was.

Haven't had the problem since, but I'm sure I'll need to replace the light switch soon, as the headlights are getting a bit slow to react when turned on.

  • Author

I think it it at the switch, that sees to be the only source of heat...

I am still planing on checking the tail section.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.