IGNORED

Peel and Seal question

senkyoshi

I posted this question on Zcar.com but I also wanted some input from another source. Although, some of you will also read tid there too.

I am planning on putting down some peel and seal for vibration/sound control in my 240z. I know I could go with the more expensive name brand stuff but my dad just put some Peel and Seal on his roof and he has a lot left that he will give me for my car (key words "Save money!"). Besides, i have heard that Peel and Seal can be just as effective as the big name stuff.

After some research through using the "search" feature and looking through other sites I learned that there are two kinds of Peel and Seal. With and without a shiny foil layer. My Dad has the kind without the foil layer. Do I have to use the kind with the foil layer for my application in my car or would the one without the foil work just as well? I know that many of the sound deadener products like dynomat and fatmat have the foil layer. What is the purpose of the foil layer? What would happen if I used the kind without it?

Thanks for your help!

I posted this question on Zcar.com but I also wanted some input from another source. Although, some of you will also read tid there too.

I am planning on putting down some peel and seal for vibration/sound control in my 240z. I know I could go with the more expensive name brand stuff but my dad just put some Peel and Seal on his roof and he has a lot left that he will give me for my car (key words "Save money!"). Besides, i have heard that Peel and Seal can be just as effective as the big name stuff.

After some research through using the "search" feature and looking through other sites I learned that there are two kinds of Peel and Seal. With and without a shiny foil layer. My Dad has the kind without the foil layer. Do I have to use the kind with the foil layer for my application in my car or would the one without the foil work just as well? I know that many of the sound deadener products like dynomat and fatmat have the foil layer. What is the purpose of the foil layer? What would happen if I used the kind without it?

Thanks for your help!

The purpose of the foil layer is to reflect heat. Using the kind without should be OK as long as it is not subjected to alot of heat....such as one might encounter when using it in the engine compartment. But if it damps out sound and its free, use it.