IGNORED

There needs to be a so cal z club here.

Surfsup

thats actually free. LOL. the one in oc i think it costs monthly.

well z cars and any cool cars are welcome ..

we should make a plan and have meets? that be cool networking and meeting new friends.

somewhere in the LA or OC area.

somewhere that has food, coffee or drinks. open parking lot. and an easy to lounge place. sometimes bbqs and stuff.

so if you guys are interested, share some ideas and lets plan something down !!!:rambo:

• 4 weeks later...

i'm down for that. it would probably have to be close enough to OC but not too far from LA. like maybe Fullerton?

LOL what about cerrittos? LOL. fullerton is cool too. hmm..haah so far we got 2 people.

We had some starts. "Absolute Z" started 3 years ago. We had some good meets.

My experience with Sothern Californians and car clubs is you need to go ether Way Formal, with dues, presidents, treasurers, news letters - Or - Completely informal.

The informal has worked for us in the Roadster scene here. SoCalROC is a fast and loose dis-organization that works like this.

Wanna meet/Run/breakfast/Picnic/etc? Announce it. If two cars show, that's cool, if 4 cars- call it a success - 8 is a smash hit club meeting! If someone asks "How do I join the club?" The answer is, "You just did!". We don't have a committee or even a web site. We just use 311s.org, the roadster version of classiczcars.com to announce events.

Don't even debate the events, or they'll never happen - just do it and it will turn out one way or another. Allow no politics, or you'll have a debate club, not a car club.

So, you want a club? I'll join. You can call it LAZ for all I care. I'd like it better that way

Yeah, getting together with other Z owners for a fun meet/drive has always been something I think about and would like to do but, living in Ventura County seems to mean I usually have to drive at least two hours just to make it to the meeting place. I know there are Z owners here in VC but it is rare if ever we cross paths. So, what do I do? I just take the toy out and hit my usual fun routes, come back happy, of course with a little less rubber than I started with. Victor knows how fun the back roads are around VC! Anyway, I'm always up for a good outting in the Z, just drop me a PM!

Tom