IGNORED

Spent some time with my new aquisition...

...this past Saturday.

72 Z, AZ car, good floorboards (woohoo), some light rust on doglegs, no perforation, battery tray corroded badly... Original metallic brown paint (shot) with butterscotch interior (mediocre condition).

I started by pulling out all the carpet and sound deadening, and cleaning all the built-up debris and dirt out of the interior. It's remarkably well-preserved, and thankfully it's complete and stock.

Put a battery on it just for fun, and all the electric components worked - even the radio, haha. She fired right up with some starting fluid, so for now I'll be dealing with cosmetics.

The next couple weeks will be spent pulling all the rubber and trim and prepping the body for paint.

I'll be switching interior colors to black, and exterior to a color I've been wanting for a LONG time... don't laugh... It's an icy metallic blue I saw on a 2007 Honda Odyssey.

Should go nice with black interior and vintage black "Datsun" vinyl stripe.

Aw, I'm getting ahead of myself. I'm in love with this car already.:classic:

Here's an 8-part series of articles I did on the car I just completed, and I intend to do a similar walkthrough with the Z (and then my 2 Roadsters, and then a '64 Bluebird, and then.... :) )

Hope you guys like it: http://www.nicoclub.com/articles/vert-proj/vert-part1.shtml

Thanks E.

I have the butterscotch panels coming off the car, they have no speaker holes but have some damage at the top edge.

I bought a pair of nice black panels from a guy on ebay (and a bunch of other stuff for my interior).

Enigma, I LOVE those wheels. I wish I could find a set of those 5-slots in 16x8, 0-offset.

Congrats on your new Z! You can get 5 slots in the orginal 14", or now in 15" or 17". MSA has the new 15" and 17" wheels, or you can get them from any shop that can get American Racing wheels. They are called AE/Sprint wheels on their website and in their catelog.

• 1 year later...
... I'm in love with this car already.:classic:

Here's an 8-part series of articles I did on the car I just completed, and I intend to do a similar walkthrough with the Z (and then my 2 Roadsters, and then a '64 Bluebird, and then.... :) )

Hope you guys like it: http://www.nicoclub.com/articles/vert-proj/vert-part1.shtml

Welcome to the club! Welcome to 240Z ownership, and congrats on finding a good starting place, and other than the off-hand 280Z louver comment(coupe hatches and hatch glass are fully interchangeable between 240Z 260Z and 280Zs)-good article,and good job! I anxiously await the Z and roadster articles!

Will