IGNORED

What 240K parts are needed?

g72s20

If you recall the tale of "The Riverstone Wrecker" you'll know there is one sedan and one coupe in this yard. Both very sad examples now, been there about 20 years....but the owner of the yard has been storing a few 240K parts inside them. I managed to retrieve a seemingly OK brake booster from the coupe (what a pig of a job that was! any tricks to this??). It has an odd grill. It's the C111 JDM grille (I dubbed it the "Belt Buckle" ) with a "2000 GTX" badge and the 240K GL badge as well...probably added by the Aussie owner later. The car itself is standard Aussie delivery 240K. The grill has slight damage from the car hitting something fairly flat at low speed so the bumper is stuffed and the bottom of the grill has a slight bend downwards. Anyway there are some other useful bits and pieces left on the cars so if anyone here (Brian, Mat, Mikey?) has a wish list I can take that to the yard owner and see what he can do. As an example, he charged me $60 for the booster and wants $80 for a coupe rear window glass.

He is onsite about twice a week, it's a strange setup!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw this post, so my apologies for getting into it so late. I'm not sure of what I might need, but Kent has mentioned that the new car has a scratch on one of the quarter windows. I'll need to check on other bits.

Brian

• 1 month later...

Ok so far it's weather strips. ( Drew seeing you are in Sydney it may be in your best interests to check these out yourself...20 years in the open does strange things to seals...rubber seals smarty!:geek: )

AKWIKZ needs to confirm required glass.

Mat. RH drivers glass for coupe. I'll have to check the console blank.

If I can I will take some pics of the bumpers and bits.

Can someone give Mikey a prod and see if he still needs rear glass or ???

My next trip there (not exactly sure when but not too far away:ermm: ) will be to check and confirm availability of what is required, take some photos (bucketing rain last time and getting dark) and see what you chaps think of the condition, price and so on.

Don't be backward in coming foreward if you need something or have a question:classic: