IGNORED

YOU JUST HAVE TO LOOK AT THESE Z's!!!

toecutter

hey man! sounds cool! so are you guys going to sell the body alone so i can build my own car or are you going to be selling the cars allready built. personanaly i would go all out and (or most of the way) and build a shaft drive 4wd ride. like fitting it onto a associated or hpi chassy. what will be the wheel base? if it is a standard wheelbase it should fit on most 1/10 scale cars, eh? i really want to acquire a 240z body only. i have been looking for one for some time now. keep up the good work! this sounds almost to cool to be true! have fun!ROFL

Things depend on the availability of body kits, but the chassis is up to the individual. I'm looking for a good source of RTR chassis that will work for about anyone, and not too expensive. I think a 4WD chassis is overkill, because the idea was a fun, 'scale' car anybody could build or afford, and that means 2WD with like a 540 cheapie can. If you have your own stuff, then you're probably mostly all set.

thx

We are still discussing options, and I am hoping there will be interest in a group buy of the chassis assys so we can get a serious deal on some really exciting-and seriously upgradeable-hardware! With a group buy, we may get more clout for a member discount on upgrades as well

My hope is to give all of the cars a similar starting point(just like our Zs) and then have as much custimization as a member wants to get into-even open the offering to any Z owner/enthusiast.

Personnaly, I want a fast and exceptionally handling car to play with.

At the moment, the body is on the way to me, and when it arrives, we will have more to go on...

Will

Ill agree that the cars should be set up like good stock car ( but not as good as a stock Z) And people should go from there in their own way. Maybe even a moratorium on mods for a time, say until AFTER the Daytona show. If you are interested in very precise handling, you're going to need to put on some of the aftermarket suspension or steering parts. The stock cars beginner are fairly well engineered, but for the money we will probably be spending, things will be just a little on the cheaper side. But that means there's no reason why you shouldn't just leave the car as-is. I have several, including a monster truck that goes airborne & gets stepped on, and the only thing I ever changed was the receiver & batteries. AND, Like any other Z car, you'll want to get your hands dirty & play with or adjust stuff to suit! :P

thx

This is the car I'm considering for this project. I comes assembled with a radio, so all you'll need is to put in the charged batteries and put on the body. It's called a "truck," but it sure looks like a sedan BODY to me. The Traxxas line is all good stuff. It's not dirt cheap, but it's well made, and very affordable. Probably around $100 plus shipping (New.)

Don't go out and buy one yet, unless you want to play with the car for a while.

thx

Here is an eBay auction you might check out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150105696608