Here I go again. - Racing - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Here I go again.

Featured Replies

Im off to the track again. Lets see what breaks this time, preferably my neck.

  • Author

at bama dragway.Its actually test&tune session,Ive bee trying to get the thing to act right. Ever since i rebuilt the engine it has been a crap shoot. Nothin wrong w/engine, its mainly clutch issues. Last year it was great. This year its a piece.I changed some things and its not working. Should have left well enough alone.

  • Author

Yes i can go back i supose,it just defeats the purpose of tryin to go faster. It ran 9.5,s now it does 10.10. My work truck runs faster than that!

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

What car are we talking about here and what are you running under the hood?

  • Author

My truck, im pullin it to the track w/my z. LOL. Im just kidding. Im goin to attemp it with the z. I got the tranny back in last sunday. I cranked it up about 6 o clock. It needs a exaust flange gasket and i have to tap the manifold and install 1 stud. Found a loose fuel line at the pump,a loose water line, all minor stuff. Wish me luck.

  • Author

Good news and bad news guys&gals. The good news the car ran well nothing broke.(on the car at least) That brings us to the bad. The dadburn tranny went out on my truck on the way home from the track. Had to pull the car home in second gear about 15 miles. Oh well thats what i get 4 selling my hard body and buying an american made truck i guess.

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

I got my truck fixed today. WhooHoo!!!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.