IGNORED

"works" rally original parts

Zedrally

Mike,

Its going to take me about three years to explain this to you!

You have no idea how much they made for these cars, and the Japanese SPORTS OPTION parts lists alone ran for pages and pages. The genuine race parts were in some cases quite different to the Sports Option list parts, and that is where things get super complicated.

Maybe you should narrow it down a bit and ask me about one specific type of part that you think you might come across. At least give me a target!

By the way, if we are talking about genuine "Works" Rally parts - then "PART NUMBER ONE" would be a genuine Works S30 bodyshell. It seems that hardly anyone realises just how special these bodies were. Nissan did not simply pluck virgin bodyshells off the line and start to modify them; they started out with special pressings from the sheet metal stage, and incorporated these into what amounted to hybrids of the PS30-SB bodyshell ( the 432-R ) and the normal L-series engined shells ( all the S30's ). Just pointing out the differences in one bodyshell ( let alone all the race-on-race and year-by-year differences ) would take ages to go through...............

Its all absolutely fascinating though, and all the more fun because it is so little known.

Alan T.