N42 head with flat top pistons? - Page 3 - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

N42 head with flat top pistons?

Featured Replies

I was planning on running premium fuel, which around here is about 93 to 94 octane, although it will also contain ethanol at about 15%. I will certainly see if I can find one of those timing lights. I don't mind paying for features in a tool if I'm actually going to use them. As far as timing, I'm hoping the stock 10 deg will be ok. If not, I'll either dial it back to 9 or bite the bullet and get a thicker head gasket. The engine builder seemed to think it would all be OK, and they had built a fair number of L engines for satisfied customers. I'm really hoping they were right.

If all else fails, I do have a spare engine out of a 280ZX that was running fine when I bought it. I can always put that in if I need to.

You should try it! :) worst case scenario, you could always purchase the parts required to solve the potential issue.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.