IGNORED

so i bought another pair of watanabes

• 2 months later...
You gotta love that tire and wheel combination. I laugh every time I see that look..........Ricers......:rolleyes:

Hater ~_^ LOL

Heh speakling of which does any one know what 114.9 US 240z rims translate to in Japanese sizes or know what Japan sizes will fit?

I'm going parts hunting this weekend and would like to know incase I run into any rims for sale.

~Z~

Kent, you need to be careful of those rim/tyre size combos.

Check it out with an Australian tyre fitting place or talk to your Roads / Transport people.

Anything less than 225\50 or 235\60 on a 9" rim and you won't get your car back under the 'hoon' laws.

yeah i don't have a clue what to go for yet, none of the tyre places are willing to give me advice, and i don't have an engineer yet (i will need to though once the car is painted and it is time to put everything back together).. but atleast they have rubber on them at the moment, enough to roll the car around on.

i am not really fussed about bigger tyres.. just as long as i can use my rims :) out of curiousity.. what are the rules for the tire sizes you mentioned, and how do they constitute your car being "remvoed" from your pocession?

This is a really old brochure but it does show what the design width rim is for various tyres up to a 235.

Doesn't get up to 9 and 10" rims though!

The Yokohama A539 brochure, for example, lists the 235/45R17 tyre being able to fit to a 9" rim, design width is 7.5".

In the 15" range, 8" is the widest rim mentioned.

Most tyre brochures will provide this info.

The tyre fitter must comply with the manufactures design rim width specs. or be liable for damages.

What they list in Japan may not be possible/legal here in Oz:cry:

post-13952-14150800483686_thumb.jpg