IGNORED

so i bought another pair of watanabes

well i just bought another pair of watanabes...not sure on the offset but it fits flush to the flare on the c110....really nice fit , i need to get wider tires or atleast new ones, these old tires are leaky....right now 195-60 tires are mounted on the 14x9 watanabes....one is an old version and the other is newer style, one has smooth all around with logo stamped on the bars and other has castings with logo on the hub.

mikey

post-7451-14150799557535_thumb.jpg

post-7451-14150799557953_thumb.jpg

post-7451-14150799558255_thumb.jpg

well you'll actually be surprised that when you go to the actual rs watanabe website japan the tire size and rim combo are very common to run, I'm not trying to be a ricer I've owned my other set of watanabes since 1995, its more of a fitment for me I can't run a wide tire with the 14x9 has less than 1/4 inch from the strut, if I ran 225s ill hit. imma eventually run 205/60s theres a link here posted about watanabes and it shows the tire and rim sizes. I'm not new to stretched tires I've been doin it for years ...well anyway as soon as I get new rubber ill post the c110 with its new set combo of 15x10 rears and 14x9 fronts which fits very flush to the flares,..take care all

mikey

funny because =enigma= sounds like a ricer name

we need our own forum mikey

73skyline, no harm intended. I wasn't calling you a ricer personally. I perhaps wrongly assumed that you bought the wheel/tires that way. The comment was directed at the whoever mounted those tires on those rims. If that was you, well............I apologize.

As for Mr Big Hat, nope. The name =Enigma= is a 3 way reference to the following.

1)e·nig·ma [uh-nig-muh] a puzzling or inexplicable occurrence or situation, or a person of puzzling or contradictory character(that would be me)

2) a reference to a comment made by Winston Churchill during a radio broadcast in 1939. What he said was "Russia is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma."

Perhaps you cut history class that day? LOL

3) a portable cipher machine used by the Germans to encrypt and decrypt secret messages during WWII.

no prob enigma i just dont like the word ricer...i like to be more traditional...when i first got my 240z gnose the first thing i bought was the watanabes...15x10 15x8.5....i had 275-50 tires at first then wouldnt fit,,,,i referenced tire sizes back then on the watanabe website and was suprised on what tire size they were using. i thought it was crazy and didnt believe it would work but then i tried it and it made stuff fit very nicely. i dont stretch tires like a fad like others...i try to use the widest tire that i can without issues...plus tires arent cheap so if i could get away with a small tire imma do it...anyway i cant wait to get my c110 wired up..its all ready for the stand alone computer...my microtech and dash display are now in so now its just time....soon the motor will purr...

matt....

dude imma sell my pair of 15x8.5s watanabes for around $600 with tires if interested, its not a low offset so if you or someone would be interested in a pair let me know. its perfect for non-flared cars or the front of 240z's...i dont know what the offset is but i have pics.

mikey

Cool then, let's see some pics! I'd love to do the g-nose thing myself, but I consider that a pipe dream. I wouldn't be happy with it unless I could have the OEM kit and OEM crome headlight surrounds and I just don't have that kind of cash laying around. Good luck with you project and let see those pics!

dude imma sell my pair of 15x8.5s watanabes for around $600 with tires if interested, its not a low offset so if you or someone would be interested in a pair let me know. its perfect for non-flared cars or the front of 240z's...i dont know what the offset is but i have pics.

mikey

mikey whats the offset on the that 15x8.5 any where near -6 post some pictures

hey kent

when I first bought my watanabes I had a 240z with flares, back then and now the watanabe website had cars showing rim and tire size, the same section where lachlan and mat has there cars posted. I pretty much based my tire size by the cars that had the same setup as me. ill post up the wheels later today I just got them back...or if u want to email me directly ill send the pics... my email is mikeseez@cox.net

thanks

mikey