Ignition Switch Wiring Question... - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Ignition Switch Wiring Question...

Featured Replies

Anyone have any pics of the connector that goes to the back of the actual ignition switch? My '70 did not have any wiring and I am needing to wire up a new connector.

Anybody able to help?

Bryan

Dat240zg

The problem may be in getting the "new" connector.

Other's who have tried to find them have found them to be somewhat elusive.

IIRC Dave Irwin (Z'sondabrain) had them for use when he manufactured the Parking Light Relay Harness. You might give him a PM.

The Connector is a 6 Spade Female connector (wide) and they're arranged 3 side by side, and two rows. I hope that explains it. Look at the back of your ignition switch and you'll see that only 5 of the 6 connectors actually get used.

HTH

E

HERE YOU GO...

This is off of a 2/71

The attachment is best viewed at full size

Hope this helps.

Jim

post-12438-14150799445639_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Jim:

Exactly what I was looking for. Hopefully I can scavenge a good connector and swap out the pins.

Thanks again.

Bryan

Dat240zg

Bryan

The two wires go on the keyed side of the connector. That is the side with the steps in it. I would post a picture but, don't have the connector accessable.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Thanks Jim. I've gone out to my Z and can see what you're referring to. Thanks again for the help.

Bryan

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.