Differencial type - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Differencial type

Featured Replies

I need some help identifying a type of rear end.

I was fortunate last week to get a ’73 240Z given to me (wrecked). I took the rear end out for a spare for my ’72.

The ’73 differential has spline half shafts into the differential, all the 240Z rear ends I’ve seen have the flanged half shafts on both ends. All maintenance books I have show flanged.

Anyone know what I’ve got?

Welcome Jerry! Pictures, as they say, are worth 1000 words and would help use determine which style diff you have. Do both diff housings look the same other than the drive axle attachment? Also, you may just want to use the drive axles that were with the diff in question. You can also research this subject in the archives.....Search function.

Tom

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.