IGNORED

Camber Bushing kit - front

Doehring

Doehring,

I have no personnel experience with the kit you mention but, in all the reading and research I've done there has been no mentions of the adjustable bushing loosing adjustment under hard use. A number of members use them....hopefully they will add their 2 cents.

Tom

Have them and swear by them. they dont move under hard cornering (i race my car) and they make fine tuning the camber possible. i have modified the cross member so that the lower control arms are mounted out further and this allows for a greater maximum camber but the camber kit finished the whole thing off because it allows you to dial in the amount of camber you want and be able to have the EXACT same amount on both sides of the car which modifying the cross member alone does not alow.

paid not all that much (approx $100 AU) for the ones i got and would have to say that if you are trying to fine tune the suspension on your car then dont look past them.

Tom

• 3 months later...

I wouldn't overlook the discussion here http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=120668 which discusses the possible down side to the bushings. Since the TC rod swings in an arch you get potential binding with the bushings (camber bushings or even stiffer polyurethane). The Canadian Atlantic Z Car club reports bump steer problems and proposed a solution to the harder control arm setup without going all out race front end.. http://www.atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/suspension/comprod/ball&socket/index.htm