IGNORED

Timeline Chart

geezer

Hi all - This thread is intended to assist Will with his latest endevour. (See 240Z Parts Variation). This is a massive undertaking that will be a work in progress for a long time to come. It has been suggested, it might be better to stick just with the North American market for now because of the complexity. Complex indeed! I propose the development of a chart to aid all of us, with a common goal. That goal is, to provide a means to view all models & variations thereof irregardless of export destination or homemarket. It is possible to include the whole "family" along a common timeline. With a reference number system, data could be entered. It would make an excellent base for Will's project, in an attempt to identify and catalogue the use of various different parts and tie them down in a timeline. Any changes made during the production run, for whatever reason can be recorded. In essense, turn snapshots into a moving picture. I have a few chart designs in mind that would be comprehensive, store a lot of data and be easy to understand. It would be very useful for turning what seems to be a very complex production run into something self explanatory. It would also be very useful to develop Judging Standards, which are becoming more nessesary as time goes on. Best of all it would include ALL. This is the way it should be. Let's eliminate any pissing contests about simple terms (we will just get our shoes wet and I would need a change of socks). Anyhow, I think everyone should be able to submit data, which in turn could be deemed admissable or not by a consensus of qualified members. Any interest in pursuing this? Lets get some suggestions. I know I've got a lot more to say and several questions.