IGNORED

Australian Spindle Pin Pullers

Z Kid

Hi guys, its been a while but I am gradually getting some work done on the Z. After much bashing and damaging my spare suspension arm, I decided to knock myself up one of the fabled spindle pin pullers.

In the process of doing so I am left over with enough high tensile steel threaded bar to make two more of these. They are nothing fancy, basically a bit of CDS tube capped with a welded on washer or two at one end, a wheel nut welded onto a bit of threaded bar, you simply wind onto the bit of the pin sticking out, then tighten the nut on the other end and it is gradually drawn out. On the prototype I have now pulled out 4 spindle pins, and it still appears fine and damage free (although the free washer is a bit gouged up).

If anyone in australia is interested or keen, I will be more than welcome to knock up the remaining two and sell them off for $40au plus postage (wont be more than 45 total including postage, or can be collected from me in SA). I will also throw in a spare washer or two so if you are doing bulk spindle pin pulling you will be able to do so without needing to lash out and buy anything else.

Chris

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, its been a while but I am gradually getting some work done on the Z. After much bashing and damaging my spare suspension arm, I decided to knock myself up one of the fabled spindle pin pullers.

In the process of doing so I am left over with enough high tensile steel threaded bar to make two more of these. They are nothing fancy, basically a bit of CDS tube capped with a welded on washer or two at one end, a wheel nut welded onto a bit of threaded bar, you simply wind onto the bit of the pin sticking out, then tighten the nut on the other end and it is gradually drawn out. On the prototype I have now pulled out 4 spindle pins, and it still appears fine and damage free (although the free washer is a bit gouged up).

If anyone in australia is interested or keen, I will be more than welcome to knock up the remaining two and sell them off for $40au plus postage (wont be more than 45 total including postage, or can be collected from me in SA). I will also throw in a spare washer or two so if you are doing bulk spindle pin pulling you will be able to do so without needing to lash out and buy anything else.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Don't suppose you still have one available do you?

George

Morphett Vale 5162