IGNORED

Need some swap ideas

Cincy_280Z

Hi, my name is Brendan I'm new to this forum. I have a 77' 280Z 5spd. I plan to autocross the car. I would prefer to stay N/A. Weight is a big factor for me. I need some help coming up with the correct swap. I was thinking sr20de with vg30de pistons to raise to 12:1 compression with supporting mods. I'm open to all ideas. Thanks.

Brendan

• 1 month later...

Nothing wrong with a 4-cylinder, but if you want to stay NA that doesn't really seem like the way to go. If you really want to ruffle some feathers, and have deep pockets, g-force makes a 5 speed transmission that would allow you to use a honda b-series motor in rear wheel drive configuration.

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I know, nobody has done the honda swap yet...I don't think the Viper V-10 guy is done with his yet either, even thought that thread is years old...But rotary has been done at least twice, sr20det, RB, KA, 2jz-gte, 7m-gte, all kinds of stuff (not to mention both ford and cheverolet v-8s). Oh, and one guy has a jaguar V-12, and one of the girls has a BMW V-12. There's all kinds of fun stuff happening at hybridz if you look hard enough. But yeah, opinions abound all over the internet, just have to find the ones that sound like yours and run with them!

• 10 months later...
I'm looking to do a 2jz can some guide me?

Trying not to flog a dead horse, but.... Like was mentioned above and many times before, the best place to find information and someone to guide you would be on Hybridz. Is that your car in your avatar, it looks like a nice paint job. Gary D.