IGNORED

Dash Repair Process/Pictures

BD240Z

Jack,

There are several companies around that restore dashes, such as Dashboardresorations in Queensland(http://www.dashboardrestorations.com.au/index.htm) or Dept of the Interior at Carlton (http://www.consoles.com/). There was another company called Restoradash at Milperra, however I am not sure if they are still operating.

Hope this helps.

Geoff

Wow Bruce! I'm not sure how i missed this thread the first time around. That is some impressive work. Nice job. At the moment, I have a nearly perfect un-cracked dash, but if mine does crack in the future, the plan is to have it covered in leather or a UV resistant faux leather. In any event, I look forward to hearing how yours holds up through the hell of high summer in AZ.

Hi Jack in regional Oz.

Another possibility is Winner Products in Adelaide.

http://www.winnerproducts.com.au/index.htm

We used Serge to do my sons' 1973 240Z dash some years ago.

He did a brilliant job, it is still ace looking.

At the time he had a completed 240Z dash hanging up on display but Ben opted to have his own re-skinned.

Can't hurt to give him [serge] a call.

Excellent job!! Your dash looks great in the photos. Thanks for sharing with the club.

You can get a dash redone for approx $400. New dashes, unfortunately, are around $1,500.

Mike,

I have never heard that we can get a dash done that cheap, where?

Fred

This has given me some encouragement to remove the dashcap and attempt a repair on my recently acquired 72Z. I don't know what I will find when I remove it... If there is one thing I hate is that hairpiece cap!

Thanks for the idea!

Fabulous job on your dash..

I'm one of the lucky ones as my dash hasn't cracked so far...but it has faded somewhat and I would like to restore the blackness.

Would that SEM Trim black be the thing to use.? Does it come only in spray.

I would like to apply it with the dash still in the car?

Would that coating make the dash less likely to crack in the future?

Fabulous job on your dash..

I'm one of the lucky ones as my dash hasn't cracked so far...but it has faded somewhat and I would like to restore the blackness.

Would that SEM Trim black be the thing to use.? Does it come only in spray.

I would like to apply it with the dash still in the car?

Would that coating make the dash less likely to crack in the future?

Randy,

To my knowledge, the SEM Trim Black comes only in a spray can. I don't know what product(s) help prevent cracking, hopefully someone else here does know and will pipe in. Since yours hasn't cracked, I'd be concerned with coating it with the wrong type of product.

There's a company thats makes car care products called Forever Black. www.foreverblack.com

I use their Bumper Trim and Tire Gel on all my cars. They don't attract dirt or have silicone. It comes in bottles and can be applied with a rag. You might want to call them and get their feedback. Good luck with your car.

Bruce