IGNORED

aare any adjustable compression rods for 1977 280Z's available?

BuDavid

I'm willing to buy adjustables for my Z32, they are widely available, since I'm doing this, I told myself, it is a shame to buy them for the 300 since the queen is in the garage getting parts mounted back in tehre place and not buying her adjustable Compression rods!

I saw once on a forum, I dont remember which one a guy who custumizes rods himself and sels them, I wonder if some companies like MSA or any other can provide them with some warranty..

I personally thaught of taking out the rods and cut away4 inches or a bit more then thread the 2 sides in opposite directions with fine threads a attach them with a long nut (threaded pime or what ever it is caleld with 2 locking nuts, but the question is, will the rod threads get sheared while braking?

btw, I dont use any specia brakes or even drive extremely fast, I'm a regular weekend driver..

I'm sure that many people thaught of it and maybe even done it.. can I get some feedbacks please..

thanks.

Mohamed.

thank you Arne, and sorry for the pate reply..

I know that they are used for racing purposes, but I need to fic my caster angle, so I thaught that it would be better to buy a real well engineered part rather than cutting treading my old part, coz since it is a compression rod, it might bend after time if it is not well modefied..

those parts are currently out of stock I guess.. they'll be available soon as they claim..

thanks..