IGNORED

How do you max HP with an L28ET and Garret T3/04E?

whyrualive

Question: How do you maximize rwHP with an L28ET?

Current Setup:

72 240z with a 77 L28 with 240 carbs, header and HEI ingnition mod. It runs through standard clutch to a 5 speed tranny and into and a 4.11 diff (3.32, 3.54, 3.9 and 4.11 also available).

Also Owned:

'83 L28ET (complete) with 68k miles that ran smooth when removed. A 10 lb. Fidanza flywheel and A.C.T.performance clutch is already installed on the engine. A Garret T3/04E with 60 trim and .63 a/r with the HPC coated turbine housing is still in the box. So is the S.D.S EM4.

To make this setup work, an old post says that I need the following:

- Intercooler

- Boost controller

- 3" exhuast (Can I use dual exhaust?)

- Bigger injectors

- 60mm throttle body

- Powerful fuel pump from Walbro

Is this true? Can anyone think of anything else we need to make this pump more HP? What is the weak-link? Can the 77 5 speed tranny handle it? Which diff should I use for improved 0-60 time? Any guesses what the 1/4 mile time might be with this setup (assuming it works?)

thanks for the help!

with some 440cc injectors you should be good for around 400rwhp!

0-60 time no idea

1/4 mile time.. easily a 12 sec car.. 11's with drags or slicks

400rwhp at about 19-21psi with ur T3/T04e

I think you have a buyer as of today at the ZCCC track meet.. some guy was talkn to me about your setup and if it was good

Austin with SDS and a T3/T04 ran a 12.2 at 125mph at 19psi on street tires.. and Ted ran a 11.4 at 20psi on slicks

so yes this engine is very quick

im running the stock fuel pump.. and look at the list of mods i have.. i prob have around 350rwhp .. its fun =)