A/C in a 1970 Z - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

A/C in a 1970 Z

Featured Replies

Does anyone have a template for the A/C lines leaving the evaporator???

I would like this as original as the 71/72..... Thanks for your HELP!!!:surprised :classic:

swamphog,

I believe that there were at least two styles of evaporator cores and housings on the dealer installed ac systems. I imagine each style had different locations for holes in the firewall for there particular line locations.

I am assuming the template you ask about is for the location of the lines as they pass through the firewall.

I don't have such a template, but mention this only so that you may be aware of possible differences, depending on which evaporator you have.

Good luck and let us know if you sort this out.

What system are you planning to use? When you say "as original as the 71/72 Z" remember that none of the systems on any of the US 240Zs were original. They were all 'dealer installed'. Most of them used the upright style York compressor which won't cool as well as a rotary unit.

Does anyone have a template for the A/C lines leaving the evaporator???

I would like this as original as the 71/72..... Thanks for your HELP!!!:surprised :classic:

Here is a picture of a template for a 71

http://s170049317.onlinehome.us/V8-240z/Files/Datsun/Aircond/70-73Parts/71AC5.jpg

And this folder has some other stuff in it

http://s170049317.onlinehome.us/V8-240z/Files/Datsun/Aircond/70-73Parts/

  • 5 weeks later...
S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.