IGNORED

Will these fit?

240znz

Forgot to add. If I go for this wheel/tyre combo with a L28, 83ZX 5speed, R180 3.545. Using the transmission webpage http://www.geocities.com/z_design_studio/ this works out at 2844RPM at 80mph. 2488RPM at 70mph.

Would a L28 with 272 cam have enough torque to run this gear comfortably? I want a cruizy open road car with a bit of poke but like the idea of 17's.

Tell me I'm crazy if you have to....I'm just tryin to figure it all out.

Hi 240ZNZ,

I'm using 17s with 235 tyres under my standard bodied 240z. I'm not sure of their offset as I purchased these wheels from a friend that had them on his car allready.

I can lower the car and have the tyres tucked right under the guards with no rubbing problems (I have adjustable platforms welded onto the strut bodies).

The critical thing that you have to watch out for is the offset. Also if you are using the factory front end panel which bolts up beneath the guards (the metal panel unber the bumper where the large indicator lights bolt onto) you will have problems as 17s will hit against them badly, I'm using an aftermarket fibreglass front spoiler which overcomes this problem.

Hope this helps,

Cuong Nguyen

• 5 months later...

240znz, sure you can run that tire size no worries with the correct offset. A properly placed combo can fit 8's on all 4 corners with no rubbing and stock springs.

I'll comment that you'd enjoy 3.9's far more than the 3.54's with that combo and a 5spd.....L6's don't mind the rev's I found and mileage didn't budge but performance jumped when I ran 3.9's instead of 3.36's.....and I did a lot of 10 hour stints at 100mph with that setup. 30-31mpg was my peak with an L28E in my OEM (at that time) 280ZX.....just a tweaked AFM and exhaust. Just my .02c.