IGNORED

'72 240Z on eBay.

Eli

Thinking about getting this car.

The one major problem? According to the seller, the passenger side undercarriage is in pretty bad shape, and the passenger side frame rail needs to be replaced.

I've seen this car driving locally, and it is beautiful. But don't you hate it when people restore cars that shouldn't have been restored? :(

How much would you expect to pay to have that fixed, and fixed _right_?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230016349990

I went to see and drive this car over the weekend near Portland, OR. It looks good on the surface & runs great, but I decided not to make an offer due to rust & bondo in the usual places and significant rust under the passenger side. :disappoin I was too afraid of what was hidden underneath the body and inside the frame. If your can weld and do body work, this may be okay. It's a shame to see so much mechanical work done without proper rust repair. You can PM me for details. I'm new to this board since I'm an old Z fan looking to get back into a solid 70-72. Regretfully, I sold my immaculate 73 back in 1993 when I lived in So. Cal. Most the Z's I find here in Oregon have cancer from our liquid sunshine!