240zt - Hybrid & Aftermarket - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

240zt

Featured Replies

:alien: Hey guys, I recently completed my turbo swap into my 1971 240z. I am playing around with the 1/4 mile calculator and was wondering if anyone has any idea of how much power my motor is pushing to the flywheel, and/or wheels. I am interested to see if I am possibly running in the 14.5 range in the 1/4.

The motor is a stock 1983 L28et with stock ecu. The only mod is a 3" downpipe to open exhaust and a 1" plug in place of the popoff valve. The Block is matted to a 240z 4-speed and rolls on 14in wheels.

Thanks for chiming in.

  • Author

Interesting, thanks for the tip.

According to what I've heard/read, your 4sp probably isn't up to the task you've handed it but I have no personal experience with this.

  • Author

Yeah the 4-speed does seem to have some trouble holding the l28et. I put a new clutch in and had the flywheel resurfaced before matting the two together. The car is still way faster than my L24/su motor, but I do feel some clutch slippage in 1st and 2nd gears, maybe 3rd too. I can't really tell. I'm saving some money to swap up to the 82-82 na 5-speed and 3.9 R200.

Still any idea how much rear wheel horse power, and/or how much flywheel power this motor setup pushes?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

It really all depends on the motor. Even if you looked up stock specs on the motor it probably isn't pushing as much power as it did brand new, unless you rebuilt the motor. Nobody can really tell you how much power you've got on here. Your best bet is to spend the money and get it dyno tested.

Depends how much boost your running. Stock ZXT specs is around 150whp at stock boost? You're probably slightly over that with the 3" open exhaust.

Go with a 3.54 diff when you do the swap. You will be much happier.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.